We are currently looking to fill the following staff positions:
- Preschool Teacher
Thank you for your interest in St. John Neumann. Below are our current open positions. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. JOB TITLE: Preschool Teacher
- Plan and implement the daily program.
- Supervise the children, helping children to think creatively, solve problems independently, and respect themselves and others.
- Spark imagination, build self-esteem, and help children discover new things each day.
- Maintain a clean, orderly classroom and school.
- MUST have Pre-K 4 experience.
- Minimum 19 years of age w/High School diploma or GED equivalency
- 2-year previous experience working in a licensed child care center
- CPR and first aid training
- Courses in ECE preferred
- CDA preferred
Questions about employment at SJN please contact:
2. JOB TITLE: Custodian
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Salary: $12.50/hr (base); negotiable contingent on skill level/experience
Catholic Required: Yes
The Pastor is the visible principle and foundation of unity at St. John Neumann Catholic Church, which the Bishop has entrusted to him. He makes Christ’s mission present and enduring in the parish. In order to fulfill his mission, the Pastor employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or laypeople). He shares with them his mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Positions employed at St. John Neumann Catholic Church help to extend the ministry of the Pastor in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the Pastor in the performance of his ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the Church. As an integral part of your ministry for the Church as carried out in this position, you will support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic ministry and the mission of the parish in both your professional and personal life. Act as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. Continuously grow in your ministry by participating in religious ceremonies, training sessions, and reflection activities as directed.
Provide custodian/ janitorial services for church, office/classroom building, and special event building primarily for weekend, currently estimated at about 20 hours per week. The work demand will vary throughout the year.
Primary responsibility will be to set up tables and chairs for weekend event activities. The job will also include cleaning classrooms, conference rooms and the church between events and servicing trash and restroom needs. The individual may fill in for our existing full-time custodian during vacation and heavy workload situations. Facility Manager will provide custodian with basic HVAC and security (software) system training to allow custodian to act as the onsite point-of-contact for corrective actions related to these systems.
- Maintain restrooms – replenish all paper products and soap. Empty trash, clean floor and toilets/urinals.
- Maintain classrooms, halls, offices, kitchen, and workroom.
- Maintain church facility (restrooms, worship space, sacristy, and chapel).
- Provide services (event set up, and restrooms) for special event building.
- Setup meeting spaces (appropriate tables and chairs) per schedule or request.
- Perform emergency maintenance tasks throughout the facility as needed. Knowledge in plumbing, lighting and building maintenance.
- Provide feedback to Facility Management regarding supplies inventory, light bulb replacement, and maintenance of the campus regarding trash and condition of outside trash containers. Take corrective action as directed.
- Clean windows and door glass as needed.
- Use of computer skills related to the general operation of HVAC and security systems.
- Provide staff with recommendations on facility maintenance needed.
- Provide other services as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to apply common sense and mechanical aptitude to the job
- Mechanical background with application experience
- Ability to work well with others and without supervision
- Good communication skills
- Ability to perform repetitive work on a continuous basis and in an organized manner
- Ability to perform a variety of different types of tasks
- Ability to be standing/walking most of the day
Education and Training:
- High School diploma
- Basic understanding of computer software/programs
- 1 year+ work experience with Catholic parish (preferred)
- A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing: Recommended Highly Recommended Required
- Valid Texas Class C Driver’s license (and insured)
- Maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies
- All employees of the parish are engaged in ministry and closely tied to the pastor in the exercise of his ministry and obligations to the church
- The parish is an at-will employer
- All buildings and vehicles owned by the parish are tobacco-free
- Working in a fast-paced environment with priorities and plans that may change rapidly
- Will be exposed to religious ceremonies, conduct, and speech including Catholic prayer and celebrations
- Will be required to lift, move or carry objects- up to 50 pounds
- Will be required to adhere to established dress codes and conduct standards
The primary work schedule will be weekends with weekday periods as the job dictates.