Congratulations! We are here to help.
We understand marriage preparation in the Catholic church may seem overwhelming and many people feel like there are too many "hoops" to jump through. To better understand the process, purpose and the meaning behind marriage prep, please watch this very short video below. We feel it is very helpful.
It was very important for us to get married in the Catholic Church and were having a hard time finding the right church given our challenging schedule. Finding St. John Neumann was such a blessing and we cannot say enough good things about the marriage prep.
St. John Neumann was wonderful and responded to ALL our emails and questions so quickly. We appreciate all that was done to make our day perfect.
It was the happiest, most wonderful day of our lives and we are very thankful for all of your work to make that possible.
I want to say that picking St. John Neumann for our ceremony will forever be my favorite part of our day. Janice, Christine and Deacon Peter were so incredibly lovely to work with and made the process wonderful and easy. All of our guests were blown away by how beautiful the church was and Deacon Peter did a fabulous job. The ceremony was so sweet, and he put so much effort into the homily. I will always love those moments and I am forever grateful for you all!
In regards to our sponsor couple marriage prep, this was an absolute pleasure to be paired with the Tuckers in this experience. It was excellent to go through this process with an inspiring couple like them, and each meeting was just about the highlight of our week; we looked forward to and anticipated those evenings with excitement. We enjoyed our conversations, their candor, and I truly feel we connected with them more than just as sponsor-candidates. We wholeheartedly thank the church for this program.Through their encouragement we have returned to attending mass in-person, and look forward to the St. John Neumann community activities that were more commonplace before 2020.
To book your wedding at St. John Neumann, please follow these 4 simple steps:
- Please complete the Marriage Intake Form.
- Please read the Guide to Sacramental Marriage
- Upon receipt of your Marriage Intake Form, a parish staff member will email you for more details.
- A priest or deacon will then email you to setup an orientation and welcome.
Fees and Stipends
To reserve the date of your wedding, a meeting with the deacon, baptismal certificates with notations, a signed off copy of the ST JOHN NEUMANN COVENANT FOR THE CELEBRATION OF A CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE, and the full church fee must be paid at time of booking. Cancellation 6 months prior to the ceremony you will receive a full refund minus a 200.00 service fee. Cancellation 3-6 months prior to wedding you have the option of rescheduling at no cost or a 50 % refund minus a 200.00 service fee. Cancellation 3 months prior to wedding no refund is given.
Saturday Weddings are available at 2:00 pm. The 2:00 pm time is not flexible due to Confessions and Mass held on Saturdays. Friday weddings are available if the church is free of events and pastor approval is granted.
- Parishioner $1500.00*fee
- Non Parishioner $2500.00**fee (Couple is required to use a deacon or bring in an outside priest)
- You must live within the Diocese of Austin to book your marriage at SJN.
Included in the wedding fee:
- Music-SJN assigned Organist and Cantor
- Wedding liaison (present at rehearsal and wedding)
- Building usage:1 hour for scheduled rehearsal, 3 hours for day of wedding
- Utilities and Custodial service
Stipends and additional costs
- The stipend for the priest or deacon is a free-will offering, and is NOT included in the above costs, but is suggested.
* A parishioner is one who is an active, registered, contributing member for 6 months (at the time the wedding date is booked) or lives within the parish boundaries.
**Not a registered parishioner of St John Neumann however, resides within the Diocese of Austin. If you are not a member of SJN, you must supply your own priest. However, we can provide a deacon if there is no mass.
We ask that all couples read and sign off on our ST JOHN NEUMANN COVENANT FOR THE CELEBRATION OF A CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE concerning the marriage program at St. John Neumann. This will explain in greater detail the points made here and other questions you may have.
Marriage Checklist Form
MARRIAGE CHECKLIST FORM (To be filled out 2 months before the wedding)
Contact Janice for more info at email@example.com with questions.
More detailed information:
- Fees and Stipends
- ST JOHN NEUMANN COVENANT FOR THE CELEBRATION OF A CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE
- Witness Affidavit of Freedom to Marry
- Marriage Prep during Covid
- Online NFP Presentation-Please go to the link below to register for the free intro to NFP zoom class.
Introduction to natural family planning zoom class https://www.vitaefertility.com/nfp-talk-marriage-prep/
Outdoor Weddings and the Catholic Church
Questions about marriage? We are here to help!
512.328.3220, ext. 103