Congratulations! We are here to help.
We understand marriage preparation in the Catholic church may seem overwhelming and many people feel like there are too many "hoops" to jump through. To better understand the process, purpose and the meaning behind marriage prep, please watch this very short video below. We feel it is very helpful.
It was very important for us to get married in the Catholic Church and were having a hard time finding the right church given our challenging schedule. Finding St. John Neumann was such a blessing and we cannot say enough good things about the marriage prep.
St. John Neumann was wonderful and responded to ALL our emails and questions so quickly. We appreciate all that was done to make our day perfect.
It was the happiest, most wonderful day of our lives and we are very thankful for all of your work to make that possible.
To book your wedding at St. John Neumann, please follow these 4 simple steps:
- Please complete the Marriage Intake Form.
- Please read the Guide to Sacramental Marriage
- Upon receipt of your Marriage Intake Form, a parish staff member will email you for more details.
- A priest or deacon will then email you to setup an orientation and welcome.
Fees and Stipends
To reserve the date of your wedding, a meeting with the deacon, baptismal certificates with notations, a signed off copy of the ST JOHN NEUMANN COVENANT FOR THE CELEBRATION OF A CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE, and the full church fee must be paid at time of booking. Cancellation 6 months prior to the ceremony you will receive a full refund minus a 200.00 service fee. Cancellation 3-6 months prior to wedding you have the option of rescheduling at no cost or a 50 % refund minus a 200.00 service fee. Cancellation 3 months prior to wedding no refund is given.
Saturday Weddings are available at 11:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 7:00 pm. Friday weddings are available if the church is free of events.
- Parishioner $1500.00*fee
- Non Parishioner $2500.00**fee
- Out of Diocese $4400.00 ***fee
Included in the wedding fee:
- Music-SJN assigned Organist and Cantor
- Wedding liaison (present at rehearsal and wedding)
- Building usage:1 hour for scheduled rehearsal, 3 hours for day of wedding
- Utilities and Custodial service
Stipends and additional costs
- The stipend for the priest or deacon is a free-will offering, and is NOT included in the above costs, but is suggested.
- Flowers are available via our flower guild. See the ST JOHN NEUMANN COVENANT FOR THE CELEBRATION OF A CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE info.
* The standard for determining parishioner status for facility rental is based on these criteria: (1) The couple or their parents must be registered members of the parish and must have a documented history of some financial contribution for at least a 6 month period, which justifies the lower fee for rental of facilities.2) Rental fees are based on parishioner/non-parishioner status at the time the Church is reserved.
**Not a registered parishioner of St John Neumann, however resides within the Diocese of Austin
***Not a registered parishioner of St John Neumann and does not reside within the Diocese of Austin
We ask that all couples read and sign off on our ST JOHN NEUMANN COVENANT FOR THE CELEBRATION OF A CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE concerning the marriage program at St. John Neumann. This will explain in greater detail the points made here and other questions you may have.
Marriage Checklist Form
MARRIAGE CHECKLIST FORM (To be filled out 2 months before the wedding)
Profession of Faith:
Mass Reading Options:
More detailed information:
- Fees and Stipends
- ST JOHN NEUMANN COVENANT FOR THE CELEBRATION OF A CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE
- Witness Affidavit of Freedom to Marry
- Marriage Prep during Covid
- Online NFP Presentation-Please go to the link below to register for the free intro to NFP zoom class.
- Flower Guild Guidelines
- Please click on this link to see all of the reading options for your nuptial mass.
Introduction to natural family planning zoom class https://www.vitaefertility.com/nfp-talk-marriage-prep/
Outdoor Weddings and the Catholic Church
Questions about marriage? We are here to help!
512.328.3220, ext. 103